E-Cigarette Explodes In A Car Leaving Child With Burn Marks

Posted By Urban News Hour | September 24, 2013

Kinzie Barlow was charging an e-cigarette when it exploded in her car and part of it landed on her 3-year-old son’s lap.

A child from Utah was left with burns across his body after his mom’s e-cigarette exploded as it charged in their car.

Kinzie Barlow was driving with her 3-year-old son Khonor near their Mount Pleasant home on Friday when the device blew up and set his car seat on fire.

She claims a white-hot copper coil shot out of the fake White Rhino gasper, bounced off the ceiling and landed on his lap.

Flames quickly spread across the seat and onto the tiny boy’s body.

Barlow desperately tried to smother the blaze with her shirt sleeve, but was forced to throw her iced coffee over her little boy to put out the fire.

“There was a big bang, and kind of a flash, and there’s smoke everywhere,” Barlow told FOX 13 News.

“Seeing your child on fire and hearing them scream ‘Help me!’ is pretty terrifying,” she added.

Luckily, Khonor only suffered minor burns to his elbow, lower back and buttocks. But Barlow revealed she would not be using the device again.

White Rhino has not yet commented on the incident.


Please login to comment